The Passadumkeag Wind project, which includes 14 turbines with 39 MW of installed capacity, was constructed and interconnected to the Emera Maine 115 kV transmission system. RLC developed the design of the transmission line interconnection via a 115 kV, 3000A three-breaker ring bus switching station.
Scope of Services:
- Designed a 115 kV overhead transmission line interconnection with existing infrastructure, which consisted of self-supported steel structures on concrete foundations and guyed round wood pole structures; including foundation design and coordination with the steel pole vendor design.
- Detailed design of nine miles of roadside 34.5 kV overhead collector colocated with Emera Maine distribution.
- Identification of needed real estate and coordination with the acquisition team.
- Complete design of eight miles of roadside and greenfield 34.5 kV (2 conductors per phase) overhead collector with portions of colocation with a privately owned, pre-existing single-phase distribution line.
- Design of six miles of 34.5 kV direct bury underground collector.