ProjectPisgah Wind Farm
The Pisgah Mountain Wind Project consists of 5 – 1.8 MW Vestas wind turbines. This project includes, but is not limited to, the Balance of Plant electrical engineering design work necessary for the 34.5 kV underground system from the turbines to the riser poles; the 34.5 kV overhead line between turbines and to the new substation; the 34.5kV to 115 kV substation; the interconnection to BHE Section 66 and the communication/SCADA system.
Scope of Services:
- Developed detailed design of the 1.25-mile combination underground and aerial 34.5 kV collector system to tie 5 wind turbines together.
- Developed detailed design for 115 kV to 34.5 kV collector substation purchased by developer.
- Provided construction support services including RFI’s, submittal reviews and onsite visits for installation verifications.
- Managed commissioning activities on all high and medium voltage equipment, and created and executed energization plans.
- Supported associated interconnection applications and utility studies including ISO-NE.
- Served as technical liaison with Transmission Owner and ISO-NE.
- Designed and created project SCADA system